FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Melanie Gravdal
BY JOVE! WHO KNEW?!!!
9 Cheeky Reasons to Visit Britain in 2019
LITTLETON, Colorado – October 9, 2018 – In 2019, Globus, Cosmos and NEW Cosmos Lite are getting cheeky, showing travelers the undiscovered places that tell the stories and secrets of what makes Great Britain so GREAT with nine (9) Undiscovered Britain vacations, including six (6) NEW tours for 2019.
“There’s nothing easy about planning a vacation, especially when visiting the less-traveled areas of England, Scotland and Wales,” said Scott Nisbet, president and CEO of the Globus family of brands. “As part of our Undiscovered Britain series of tours, we handle everything from research to reservations – even driving on the ‘wrong’ side of the road – so our travelers need only focus on the wonders that make Britain so great.”
In 2019, travelers wandering on cobblestones-less-traveled on an Undiscovered Britain tour will enjoy hops and Scotch, rock stars and famous rocks, gothic aisles and spectacular isles while encountering some fun facts behind the lore.
Here are nine (9) “secret” reasons to discover Great Britain in 2019:
- Everywhere in England is no more than 75 miles from the sea.
- The world’s oldest music shop opened in Cardiff, Wales in 1894.
- The first chocolate bar was invented in Bristol, England in 1847.
- The typical dram of Scotch may have aged for three or more years, but the peat used to dry the barley is somewhere between 1,000- to 5,000-years-old.
- Accents noticeably change about every 25 miles in Britain.
- The Fab Four went through several band names – like Quarrymen – before landing on The Beatles.
- The “007” code for James Bond was inspired by Author Ian Fleming’s everyday bus route.
- Scots invented the game of golf.
- Scotland’s national animal is the unicorn!
2019 tours spotlighting Undiscovered Britain include:
- NEW! Britain Uncovered
- NEW! Hidden Treasures of Southern England
- NEW! Scottish Escape
- Bonnie Scotland
- Scottish Highlights & Islands
- NEW! British Highlights
- NEW! Scottish Outlander Adventure
- NEW! England Explorer
- NEW! Scotland Explorer
DEAL ALERT: Book early & SAVE! Save 10% on a 2019 Globus Europe vacation when booking between now and November 27, 2018. For details, click here.
# # #
To download a PDF of this release, click here.
ABOUT GLOBUS FAMILY OF BRANDS
Littleton, Colorado-based Group Voyagers, Inc. is the privately held company that markets and sells the Globus family of brands within the United States. Globus, Cosmos, Cosmos Lite, Monograms and Avalon Waterways offer travelers unparalleled tour, independent travel package, river- and small-ship cruise options. Considered the world’s largest tour operator, with 90 years of international travel experience, the Globus family of brands is dedicated to enriching the lives of travelers by turning foreign destinations into familiar harbors, where the expense of travel is forgotten and replaced by personal value. The Globus family of brands is a member of Sustainable Travel International (STI). Consumers can book a Globus family of brands vacation or request brochures by visiting a preferred travel agent or by calling the following toll free number: 1.866.313.2855. For more information, please visit www.globusfamily.com. Travel agents can request brochures by calling toll free 1.800.221.0090 or visiting www.globusfamilypartner.com
The post 9 Cheeky Reasons to Visit Great Britain appeared first on Globus Blog.